Friday, September 28, 2012

Same Frog, Different Day

I went to the post office yesterday. There's a little one inside one of the local grocery stores, so I stopped in to mail my daughter a package--Wow! That seems weird to say.

While I was in the store, I decided to pick up a couple things that I had seen on sale in their ad. I found cereal 4/$6, and I remembered that 2 lbs. of cheese was $2.99! So, that was a no-brainer. I picked some up. I just couldn't understand why there was SO much in the two displays they had set up.

When I got to the check outs, I figured out why--it was a three day sale. The sale starts today. Ugh!

I started to ask my son to run it back for me, but the checker quietly took the cheese, ran it over the scanner and overrode it for the sale price. SO nice of him. He didn't have to do that. I didn't ask him to or anything. Anyway, just a very nice thing.

Today, I'm running to the grocery store. I'm stocking up on water ($1.99 + deposit/24 bottles), tomato sauce (3/$1), canned veggies (.50/can), and a few other items--oh, and cheese, of course. I plan to grate the cheese and freeze it for the future.

I used to run all around town for the deals at the different stores, but last month, my brother and sister-in-law came into town. My sister-in-law taught me all about Walmart (we have a new one that's just a grocery store not far from here) and their ad-matching program. I now write down all the best deals from all of the stores in the area (if you go to the site that I linked to above, choose your area--if it's there--and click on "all in one," it'll do that for you--pretty nice deal), grab my coupons, and head to Walmart. It's wonderful. I save a LOT of money.

The plan is to go out, clean the garage for 15 minutes, gather my coupons, and hit the road.

Oh, by the way, I haven't cleaned out the buckets yet. I had a sink full of dishes and was waiting for those who had that job this week to get it done. Now that the sink is empty, I will get that one tackled today too.

Tonight is the Shelf Reliance party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it....