Thursday, September 27, 2012

Today's Green Frog: The Garage

I went to a seminar the other evening. The woman asked us, if we knew we were going to have to eat a green frog everyday, would we wait until the end of the day, or would we just, first thing in the morning, gulp the sucker down.

It's 8:30am, and I have green frogs surrounding me. I'm being overtaken by green frogs! I don't even know which one to eat first. This is why I'd better come up with my plan here very soon.

Today, I'm going to start clearing some space in my home. That will be today's green frog, but I know I have to be a little more specific than that. Where to begin? I know that I could really become distracted by all of the spaces in my house that need to be put in order, but here, specifically, I need to focus on those areas that could best be used for emergency preparedness. Here are the areas that can be used for this purpose:

  • The entire garage, but particularly the shelves there.
  • The laundry room shelves.
  • Under beds.
  • The pantry - but I put this in order a couple weeks ago.
  • Kitchen cupboards and drawers.
  • Bathroom cupboards and drawers.
I'm committing right now to pacing myself. Emergency preparedness, just like you should never grocery shop on an empty stomach, should never be approached in panic.

My other goal, here, is, because you never know how much time is on the clock before you have to use this stuff, to pray before I begin. In many ways, I feel like I need to be given super-human powers, so I know who I've got to rely on for my help.

I'm heading to the garage today. I'm giving this 15 minutes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it....