Thursday, October 4, 2012

Already Done

I'm working on a three-month menu. It's funny, as I'm working on this preparedness thing, I can now see how random I was being about it and have been from the beginning of my marriage--kind of half-hearted (going through the motions) and random.

The plan now is to create a menu. I've heard that you should just create a 9-day menu and rotate that, but that was suggested by a man. Did I just say that? Well, it's true. My husband wasn't the one who suggested this, but I'm pretty sure he would do things completely differently than I do, and that's really okay. If he wants to eat spaghetti every nine days, he can go for it. As for me, my plan is to have spaghetti every month and a half or every three months.

At this point, I've created a 45-day menu, but I may expand it. Oh, and I only have dinners on it at this point. I will continue to fill this in. I've laid it out on a regular Word document and turned the page to a landscape layout. I've set tabs for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

After I'm done with the menu, I'll create a master shopping list. Each month, I'll use my preparedness budget to buy extra items on that list. If things go on sale, I'll buy in bulk and store it away to be rotated later on.

I've been out to the garage today. I found more buckets and lids. I also found a bad surprise....the tent that was used for some camping this summer. It was stuffed in a large plastic bin. I pulled it out piece by piece and found water in the bottom of the bin. Ugh! Well, we shall see if it's salvageable. I need to lay it out in the sunshine. It was sunny yesterday, but it's not warm any more. It was actually pretty windy yesterday. I'll lay it out on the back deck anyway, and see what we can do.

I have all of the clothing I found in the garage all gathered together to be gone through. I'll get through it and see if anything is worth saving away for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it....