Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Money

So, one thing I think I neglected to mention on my last post was the fact that there were two companies I'd try to reach Monday morning. One was the pharmacy that I mentioned in the post. The other was our credit union. Both were having computer issues. I guess that's why the slight feeling of panic took over.

Those are both fairly critical places of business, and to not be able to get what you need from either one?....Yikes!

So, this takes me to the cash reserve.

My daughter is planning on serving a mission. A rather large sum of money is needed for this endeavor. It currently all sits in our credit union. It was the first thing I thought of when the computer system was down. This wasn't one of those we're updating our system kind of things. This was no ability to log in kind of a thing.

I'm really not a financial genius--at all. It's all kind of a deer-in-the-headlights kind of scenario, to be honest, but my husband's great at it. The one thing that's helped us more than anything has been the envelope system. It's helped us get our finances in order, and it's ensured that we have a cash reserve on hand.


Last night, my husband finally took the old tent to the dry cleaner to fix it. Ugh! I think I can now get back to organizing the garage for storage, so I'm off to get dressed and then out to the garage for 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it....