Monday, October 1, 2012

Makeshift Preparedness Budget


I mentioned before that my emergency preparedness portion of the budget was sucked up by other things. This is a very insecure place to sit, in my opinion. I sat down last night and tried to figure out just what we could cut, so that we're not dealing with this issue in the future. My conclusions weren't ones I was comfortable with, so I'm still working on that.

In the meantime, I've decided that any money that comes into my hands this month will automatically go into an envelope for this purpose. When I moved my bed the other day to rearrange my room, I came across $20. YAY! Where did that come from? Who cares. Into the envelope it goes.

So, I've decided that our food storage is lacking in protein more than anything else. Today, I'm going to go stock up on canned chicken and tuna. I should do peanut butter too, but I think I'm going to wait until that goes on sale and until I have more than $20. Winco has pretty good prices on tuna and canned chicken, so that's the plan for today--to buy as much of those items as $20 allows.

Here are my frogs for the week:

  • Go through the box of little stuff from my bedroom--this really has little to do with emergency preparedness. It's more for my state of mind. I know that if I can get things cleaned up, I will be more motivated to do more and get moving better in the right direction. 
  • Keep working on the garage.
Yup. Only two. The garage is seriously going to take me awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it....