Friday, October 5, 2012

Shopping Tonight

On the weekend of General Conference, we rotate the food in our 72-hour kits. I've got my shopping list ready and am venturing out here in a few minutes to go get the goods. Here's what I'm buying and how much for each kit:

3 packages of oatmeal
3 fruit snacks - can I find some without red dye 40?
2 cocoa
1 apple cider
3 jerky packages (1 oz)
3 packages of crackers
3 granola bars
3 Cup O'Noodles
3 packages of cookies
1 pack of gum
6-8 pcs. of hard candy
3 packages of nuts


These go in a Ziploc bag along with a little printed menu. Here's what the menu lists:


Breakfast
Oatmeal
Fruit snacks
Cocoa or cider

Lunch
Jerky - 1 oz.
Crackers
Granola bar

Dinner
Cup O'Noodles
Cookies

Snack
Gum
Candy
Nuts


I'm not a huge fan of Cup O'Noodles because of all of the preservatives, but I figure it's only for three days, right?

The kids'll eat the goodies out of the past kits during Conference tomorrow and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it....