Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Loving It!

I wrote this on my other blog, but it fit too perfectly here, so if you read me elsewhere, you may have already seen this. I love it THAT much!


image: http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net
I ran across "Food Storage Made Easy" a long time ago. They would send me emails frequently telling me which step I should do next, and I, being the rebellious soul that I was (and am--but I'm working on it), would just delete them--nothing done.

 For about a week now, though, I've been working with their 3 month supply worksheet. You can find it here--go to the link they have set up to find the spreadsheet. It's AMAZING!

 You figure out and type in the names of the recipes you'd make each day for a month (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks) across the top. Down the left-hand column, you type in the ingredients you would use to make the recipes you've put in and how much of each thing you'd need under each recipe.

 I have also set up hyperlinks to the recipes I will use, so all I have to do is click on the name of the recipe, and it takes me right to it. Lovely!

image: preparednotscared.blogspot.com
When all is said and done, they figure out how much of each item I need for one month and for three. I can put in the price and size of an item, and it will tell me how much I will be paying for a three-month supply of that item. No guess work left to the process.

 Oh, I can also type in how much of something I have on hand, and it will tell me how many I still need to buy. Voila! Inventory not a stressor anymore. Love it!

If you're working on getting your food storage set up, this is definitely the best way I've seen to get it going. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it....